Rats

runningdog

""Swinging a rat in a sack into a tree, sorry Chris, but that is not, in any way, humane""

No need to apologise Gary, you have a different opinion, that's all.

Don't forget the 150 metre law as well when using a shotgun, I'm sure that we all try very hard to obey the laws of the land, whether we be native French or just good immigrants.

Agree about the spade RTH, used it myself on a good few occasions.

Chris

[quote user="chris pp"]

No need to apologise Gary, you have a different opinion, that's all.

Don't forget the 150 metre law as well when using a shotgun,

[/quote]

I wasn't apologising Christopher, just being polite.

Is that 150metre shotgun law in the same book as the 200metre cat law.......[:)]

Gary.

As you well know, (I should think), it's illegal to use a shotgun, (or any other firearm), within 150 metres of a residence or any building attached to a residence, whether occupied or not, unless that residence forms part of a registered private hunting land and is more than 150 metres from any residence that is outside the private hunting land.

Chris

• "Les chasseurs peuvent-ils chasser les chats domestiques ?
    Les chasseurs n'ont pas le droit de tirer sur les chats domestiques ni de les tuer, mais doivent, soit les capturer pour les conduire à la fourrière, soit les signaler aux gardes champêtres pour leur capture. Le chat domestique ne relève pas de la législation chasse, mais des règles relatives à la divagation des animaux domestiques, à la charge des maires dans leur commune. Enfin les chats sauvages sont protégés et le fait de les tuer constitue un délit passible d’une amende de 9000€ et d’un emprisonnement de 6 mois."
  • Cat owners breathe a sigh of relief.

"Les chasseurs doivent-ils respecter une distance près des habitations pour chasser ?
    Les chasseurs ont l'obligation de ne pas tirer en direction des habitations, routes, stades, lignes SNCF, chemins, à portée de fusil, pour des raisons de sécurité publique. En revanche, s'ils sont dos à l'habitation, la route, la voie SNCF, etc., ils peuvent chasser sur leur terrain proche de ces équipements.
    Dans les communes où une ACCA est créée son territoire est situé au delà d’un rayon de 150m. autour des habitations. "

Not quite what you posted previously

• 4 weeks later...

I have probably seen all methods of rat eradication carried out. The best form of control has to be an air rifle IF you can see the critters feeding/drinking (of course not approved in France if you get caught!), if not then the use of a terrier to locate and despatch. Both the above methods are non toxic and species specific.

If anyone within 30 minutes or so of me has a rat problem, ill gladly bring a terrier or 2 to assist. Im in dept 16.