I would LOVE this Ecohouse

mooky

That's funny, it just reminds me of a book I had when a child with pictures of mice dressed like people living in little houses like that, just humps in the landscape with doors and chimneys sticking out.  Inside there was Mrs. Mouse with her pinafore, cooker, tables and chairs.  It made me dream of living in a little house like that.

I really prefer old houses with character, but a few years ago really fell for this one by Philippe Starck.  If I had to choose a new-build, this would be the one.  I'm sure it was the house at the end of the film on the tele last night with Charlotte Gainsbourg and Yvan Attal "Ils se Marièrent et Eurent Beaucoup d'Enfants".

http://www.iainclaridge.co.uk/blog/?p=127

[quote user="mooky"]

www.simondale.net/house/links.htm

It is everything I have ever wanted.

[/quote]

OH I LOVE IT I LOVE IT.  It brought tears to my eyes!  It reminds me of the Fern Hollow stories I used to read to my son at bedtime.

I really want one - it is so honest and simple and no room for extravagance and lots of room and excuses for a bit of dust and the odd insect - so unsterile and DOMESTOS KILLS ALL GERMS DEAD NOT.  I am so sick of this political correctness gone mad,  money/cleanliness/materialistic infatuated world we live in.  Would you ask people to take their shoes off before they come in?  I think not!!

An ideal home for Pixetoadstool!

Pix

But try getting the water Co. to run a supply or worse still, EDF to connect electricity.  Given all the electric 'Norms' and the wiring complications raised on this forum for ordinary houses to pass the inspection I would have thought you have no chance.  Also, no-one is likely to insure it are they?

lol I spent practically all day yesterday following the links from this site and reading about this stuff and I can safely tell you that they don't expect a mains water, drainage or electricity connection - otherwise it wouldn't be an eco-house! 

• 4 weeks later...