Sky full of swallows

Megan le Fey

I suppose the swallows must be getting ready to leave for Africa but I have never seen quite so much frenzied activity from them before.    Perhaps there has been a hatching of something delicious (if you are a swallow, that is) but looking out of any window I can see them darting everywhere and they do look as if they are feeding.   The sky is full of them for as far as I can see, not just immediately local  so if it is a hatching, it must be pretty widespread.  Perhaps they are stocking up for the journey.  I am always a bit sad when they leave but like all things seasonal, it is so lovely when they return.[:D]

The swallows this year in our  part of w sussex have been incredible, nests all our aroud our eaves, it always amazes me how they fly so fast then come to a stop as they enter their nest, lovely to watch and listen to, from our bedroom window they awake you in the morning with their chirping sound. But yes they seem tobe on a feeding frenzy, stocking up, for their long journey south. Monday was the last departure from our garden, Tuesday morning it was all quiet, till they return...