OU Course - L211

Sfgraveston

Hi Milly,

Not unless you really want to! : This is adult education, after all! The official start date is February 5th - are you signed up to start this year, or do you intend to do it at some time in the future? If this year, I'll see you at the tutorials!

best wishes,

Malcolm

Hi All,

My wife has completed it and found it not to be too difficult, but whilst the sobject is on the Open University, can anyone tell me are the diploma's recognized in France and to what level?

Many thanks and happy studying

DB

Hey everyone

I'm doing  L(ZX)211 too. I'm attempting to remember how to study, it's been a few years!   I'm looking forward to finding out who my tutor will be, which will hopefully be quite soon. I would like sometime to try out the Lyceum facility, to make sure I can send/receive audio OK. Has anyone tried Lyceum and could give me some pointers?

I'm also looking forward to the week in Caen. I've not been to that part of France.

CS

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all and good luck on L211.

I finished the French diploma about 3 years ago and really enjoyed it. There will no doubt be times when you wonder if it is all worth it, and will probably consider giving up at some time, but don't. Stick with it, it's worth it in the end. And along the way you will find out all sorts of useful/less information about France and the French.

Caen was very interesting too and tiring, 6 1/2 days totally immersed in French and you're supposed to speak nothing but French from the moment you arrive until the moment you leave - a real test. Long days but lots of interesting activities (and the bar, of course!).

Bonne chance.

Sue

• 1 month later...

You need to do L310 to complete the diploma now which I've just done.

They should be recognised in France to degree level due to European freedom of movement legislation ie it should be enough to exempt you from having to take DELF/DALF if you wanted to do a French university course.

And for those on L211... all the best... you're on the home run to Dip French now!

Arnold