A very useful resource

DZ

Hi

While searching the internet for useful French-related topics I have come across a very helpful resource, a free on-line bilingual magazine "French Accent".  I think it's incredibly useful for people whose level of French is not at the most advanced level yet but who want to learn real, up-to-date language, and at the same time to find out more about all the current issues talked about in France (politics, culture, media etc).  There have been three issues already, all with some very handy vocabulary for every-day situations (eg. doing DYI or going to hairdresser's - there was a question on this topic on our Forum recently, if I remember correctly).  Have a look at www.frenchaccentmagazine.com

Anna

It does look pretty good, better than some printed magazines. I wonder how it is funded - althoughit does not have printing and distribution costs it still has to be out together, a full-time job for somebody, and contributors, picture agencies etc all need to be paid.

The English and French versions did not quite tally on one article I looked at randomly - there was a bit more information in the French version. Surprisingly, as French readers would have known about their political system whereas English ones may not.