How do I find out how much these are?

cowoman

Have owned our house since January,and let the original owners stay in it for 90 days.

I now need to know how much the tax fonciere is and tax habitation.We have been connected to electricity since we took possesion which was done by our estate agent.We havnt had a bill or one letter about this.(in fact we havnt had one letter about anything)

I know It seems I am abit laid back about all  this......and I know i am, but I think its time now to start thinking about paying next years  or this years bills

Any ideas would be welcome

You should contact the original owners to find out how much the bills normally are.  If they were living in the house on 1 January, then they are responsible for the tax d'habitation bill.

You are responsible for the tax fonciere bill which you will receive sometime in the next month or so.  In the case of a house change, it is normal practice for the two owners to agree to pro rata the fonciere bill, so you should ask the previous owners to contribute towards three months of the bill.

my tax fon and tax hab  use to be 105 euros for both but when i put down the new total of 70m2 on the H1  it went up to  1200 euros  so it will be a good or bad surprise when you get the bill and if its only a 100 euros then i would open a bottle of champane, no 2 bottles of champane

we filled in one of those forms a couple of months ago - H1 i think you said.

we had been dreading what the tax increase would be since we have added a pool and an ensuite shower room.

however, our taxe foncieres bill has arrived with only a very small increase - just what you would expect with inflation.

i was under the impression that this was the taxe based on letting value and that this would be the one to increase quite a lot.

am i correct or will the taxe d'habitation be a really nasty surprise?

or have they not got around to working out how much extra to charge me yet?

Since the current bills are based from 1.1.2008 and given the speed of French bureaucracy especially during the summer months, I would expect next years bill to show a not insignificant increase.

Cowoman

it is not possible for anyone here to give any idea how much you will pay, since the bills depend on so many factors - location, size and type of property, facilities provided by your commune, rentability of property,  how much of the properties assets have actually been declared to the impots (You'd be surprised how often owners "forget" to inform the system that the attic has now been converted to include 3 extra bedrooms - all en suite - just because they did not think they needed to since they had used existing windows and had not changed the outside = no planning permission). 

hi Cowoman

This is not strictly an answer, but you might find the site of interest
http://www.taxe.com/rwtax/DMN~0_QueryID~87_QueryTXT~haute-vienne_step~2.htm
This page shows percentage increases over the years, but if you then click on your commune below it will show percentage rates

You will of course then need further info to be able to apply it, but I can't help any further with that
Hope it's of some help.

i would love to know how much i really should be paying, you see i live in a hamlet of 5 houses, english and french people but there very cagey as to how much they are paying when i showed them my bills, the people i brought the house of was claiming for 20m2 so when i done the H1 form and put in 75m2 it went from 105 euro to 1400 euro for both taxes, and when i said to the neighbours i can get the tax people round to check my land to see if im paying the right amount of tax they did not like that idea, i think because the possiblity of tax people  checking  them aswell