Le Puy Du Fou.

Ysatis

Hi all,

I'm going to visit Puy du Fou (I''m so excited) with my family in July to celebrate my fast approaching 'special' birthday. My middle son is curious to know what Puy du Fou translates as. I know that 'fou' means fool or crazy, but I can't find what 'le puy' means. I have a large dictionary, but it doesn't give an entry for it.

Does anyone know the translation please.

Liz

Hi Liz, Nothing to do with the translation but i've been there 3 times now and it is a fantastic day out. The shows are twice a day apart from the Roman colloseum  which is once, so get there as near to opening time as possible, get a plan of the site which has the times and plan your route round so not to miss any. One bit of advise when you go to see the bird show (the most amazing bird show ever) you will see there is two sides to sit at. Sit on the side with the sun behind you and sit on the very BACK ROW you will find out why. Have a great day out and HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Bob.

It's the most fantastic day out.  I am sure you will love it.  In fact I think there is probably too much to fit into one day now. 

Some more tips to add: 

- For each of the live shows, arrive at the entrance about 30 mins before the start time.  Otherwise you may not get in.
- Take a sunhat and covering for the shoulders.  If you are sitting in an outdoor arena for an hour, you can get very burnt.
- In case you have to be selective, I believe the Musketeers show (fairly new, and I haven't seen it yet) is not as good as the Vikings one, so choose the latter over the former.

We are all assuming you are going to the daytime event; but you may be doing the Cinescenie evening show instead?  That is totally mind-blowing, too!   (Though I am not sure I would have the stamina to do both in the same day.)

Have a great time!

Angela

[quote user="Bobbykins"] One bit of advise when you go to see the bird show (the most amazing bird show ever) you will see there is two sides to sit at. Sit on the side with the sun behind you and sit on the very BACK ROW you will find out why. Have a great day out and HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Bob.[/quote]

We sat on the second to back row [:-))][:-))][:-))]

Fantastic day out, we went in 2004, will go again, hope there are some new shows next time

Chipie

Thanks everyone for all your replies and translations. Sorry it's taken me so long to answer but I've had major PC problems over the weekend.

I'm so excited and can't wait for my birthday, almost 40 going on 14 (LOL). Thanks for all the tips, they are very much appreciated. I did wonder if doing a whole day in the park and the evening show in one day might be a bit much, but I think the excitement will keep us going, well, maybe not for my 3 year old, he might nod off at some point!! Thanks for wishing me a 'happy birthday'.

Liz