French Crossword

misstery

[quote user="Cathy"]

Crickey - can you lot do crosswords in French?  You must be amazing.  Are there any easy ones out there that I can start with (children's level, probably)?

[/quote]

Hi Cathy... not sure if these will be any good to you but I was looking for info on verbs for my sons french homework and I stumbled across some school crosswords.  I added them to my favourites as I thought I would have a go... Really sorry, but I don't know how to display the website link in a shorter version ...[:$]

hope this helps!

http://puzzles.about.com/gi/dynamic/

[quote user="Cathy"]

Rose

I have just added this to my favourites as well.  I have started to do the Stage 1 'glue' words.  They are really good.  Thanks for finding this.  I'm ill in bed at the moment and so this couldn't be better timing.

[/quote]

Oh no... what ails you?  who will organise our picnics if you're ill? [:D]

Believe it or not, I have pneumonia.  I told Renaud and the picnic will go ahead - after all, I have 5 months to recover!  I can prop my laptop up in bed so I'm still online in between sleeping and coughing.  I thought that I had the flu but it's worse than that.  My husband is flying out to help me look after the children.  Last night, my 8 year old son had to cook for my 15 year old handicapped daughter - a good lesson for him.

So crosswords here I come....

What does OH mean?  I see everywhere on this Forum.  Old Husband?

OC more like - Old Codger (but don't tell him that as he may not come out to see me)....  [Www]

(Mind you, I don't know what he calls me behind my back...)

Edit - does it mean Other Half?

Hi Cathy

Hope you are feeling better.  There is a free monthly newsletter that you can receive which always has a crossword in it. One month the clues will be in english and the next in french. It also has language exercises. It is sent by the people who publish the magazines "Rendez-vous" and La Vie Outre Manche.

www.concordefrench.com/le_petit_journal/

Best Wishes

Gill

[quote user="bosie"]

There is a free monthly newsletter that you can receive which always has a crossword in it. One month the clues will be in english and the next in french. It also has language exercises. It is sent by the people who publish the magazines "Rendez-vous" and La Vie Outre Manche.

www.concordefrench.com/le_petit_journal/

Best Wishes

Gill

[/quote]

I've signed up, Gill.  It looks interesting.  Thanks.