translation home work

Pads

Bonjour

Im doing some translation and there are to tamps begging, they say to a passer by

" A vot' bon cœur Monsieur! "

I have worked this out as :

"Have a good heart Mister" is this right or is there a better known saying they might say     

Yes thats hat I thought but I thought maybe french beggars may of said it different , since the  bon is in the sentance?

I know if I put it in I'll be told it should'nt be there and if I leave it out she will say you missed the bon ...........Teachers .....[;-)] 

vous n'avez plus d'argent

Is this:

you can not have any more money

or

you do not have any more money

and what would the other one look like?

How would it be different if the person was saying it to one person or lots of people ?[8-)] 

Many thanks [:)] 

So what would:  "you do not have any more money" be ?

I also thought it would be the same for one or more but Im being asked to pick which is which ina seriers of questions [8-)]

give me a mo cos  im just cooking will be with you to explain the questions in a bit [:)]

Maybe Im misunderstanding the question?

Here it it

What can you do, must you do , and /or do you want to do , in the following situations :

Start your answer with je/Nous

1,  Vous voulez maigrir  =  Je veu maigrir     (I think I have done  this one right )

2, vous n'avez plus d'argent =  ( if its just je , or nous I can do it , but which one should I choose)

3, vous êtes professeur =

hope this makes sence cos the next questions has really got me , but one at a time [:$]

please bear in mind this is my 20th question to day and my minds a boggle if its too easy tell me to go away and think about it !

Im stopping for food now

I'm not really too sure what's being asked of you, but is there a clue in the question perhaps.

What can you do, pouvoir must you do devoir, and /or do you want to do vouloir , in the following situations :

1,  Vous voulez maigrir  =  Je veux maigrir     (I think I have done  this one right ) you forgot the 'x'.

I will ponder on it but I have to go to work in half an hour. Sorry I wasn't much help.

[quote user="Pads"]

Maybe Im misunderstanding the question?

Here it it

What can you do, must you do , and /or do you want to do , in the following situations :

1,  Vous voulez maigrir  =  Je veu maigrir     (I think I have done  this one right )

2, vous n'avez plus d'argent =  ( if its just je , or nous I can do it , but which one should I choose)

3, vous êtes professeur =

[/quote]

I think the question is badly worded but probably in your teachers second tongue, I read them as follows but I wont answer them for you for now. Its about replying to statements using pouvoir, devoir and vouloir

You want to lose weight - answer "I could/should/must go on a diet

You dont have any more money - answer I can't/must not/ buy anything

You are a teacher - answer  I want to teach, can get a good job, must find better students etc.

Editted, not sure about the "should" in the first one as you have probably not got on to the conditional tense yet.

Ok Im going to rethink that one tomorrow after a bit of sleep.

Now what the heck does this mean?

Tiens , Bonjour madame Cancan, dites donc vous avez bonne mine .............. I have worked this out

Hold , Hello Mrs cancan,  say so with look well .........?????? Why hold at the start ? I dont get that?   

[quote user="Pads"]

Ok Im going to rethink that one tomorrow after a bit of sleep.

Now what the heck does this mean?

Tiens , Bonjour madame Cancan, dites donc vous avez bonne mine .............. I have worked this out

Hold , Hello Mrs cancan,  say so with look well .........?????? Why hold at the start ? I dont get that?   

[/quote]

Hello Mrs cancan. I say, you do look well .........