Milk and bicuits

Pads

I have to write a funny story about one of my pets for my home work.

My cat is a little bit of a playboy............ !! so im writting about him.

His girlfriend (my other cat) is 15 years older, and he adores her, so I wanted to say he was her toyboy  

Hamlet:

J'ai un chat rouge, son nom est Hamlet, il a très gourmand, il est très gros, mon mari l'appelle Garfield.

Il prend son petit déjeuner avec moi alors qu'il va et vole la nourriture de mes voisins.! Un jour il a volé mon perroquet de voisins, mais il est bien maintenant.

Le dimanche il va à l'eglise ! Il s'assied avec les vieilles dames. Après ils lui donnent le lait et des biscuits. He is a toy boy , sa amie a quinze ans plus 

Ok I know its not very funny but the best i could come up with [:$]

Hamlet:

J'ai un chat rouge (roux), son nom est (il s'appelle) Hamlet, il a très gourmand, il est très gros, mon mari l'appelle Garfield.

Il prend son petit déjeuner avec moi alors (puis) qu'il va et vole la nourriture de mes voisins.! Un jour il a volé mon perroquet de voisins (le perroquet de mes voisins), mais il est (va) bien maintenant.

Le dimanche il va à l'eglise ! Il s'assied avec les vieilles dames. Après ils lui donnent le (du) lait et des biscuits. He is a toy boy (C'est un gigolo), sa amie (sa copine or son amie) a quinze ans plus que lui.

[quote user="Clair"]Hamlet:

J'ai un chat rouge (roux), son nom est (il s'appelle) Hamlet, il a très gourmand, il est très gros, mon mari l'appelle Garfield.

Il prend son petit déjeuner avec moi alors (puis) qu'il va et vole la nourriture de mes voisins.! Un jour il a volé mon perroquet de voisins (le perroquet de mes voisins), mais il est (va) bien maintenant.

Le dimanche il va à l'eglise ! Il s'assied avec les vieilles dames. Après elles lui donnent le (du) lait et des biscuits. He is a toy boy (C'est un gigolo), sa amie (sa copine or son amie) a quinze ans plus que lui.

[/quote]

'les vieillles dames' should be elles not ils IMO [:$]

I think this has been a really useful posting.  I think Pads did brilliantly, and the corrections I found extremely helpful, I would have also fallen into the same traps as did Pads, though I am supposed to know much more French than he does ("A" level+)!

Clair, the fact that even you as a French person can make mistakes shows just how difficult the French language can be, laying traps for the unwary.  You have nothing to apologise for, in fact, it encourages me, if you can make mistakes with all your knowledge, no-one will expect us English to be perfect in French!

Pads, keep up the good work, from that little piece you are much better than you think you are!

Aw shucks guys , you are too kind[:D][:$]

Im glad to say one or two of the mistakes I did see first , a case of rushing to get it finished last night and not checking it before I sent it to Clair. others I should of know but didnt see and the rest I have learnt from [:)]

Judith Im a girlie[:)] I know that big butch cat confuses many, but I will be coming back as a Tom cat one day. infact my pic is who this story is about , my ginger monster.

Thanks to everyone for their input [:)] 

[quote user="Judith"]Clair, the fact that even you as a French person can make mistakes shows just how difficult the French language can be, laying traps for the unwary.  You have nothing to apologise for, in fact, it encourages me, if you can make mistakes with all your knowledge, no-one will expect us English to be perfect in French![/quote]

Wanted: French spelling lessons for French person

I have to admit that my French became very rusty during my years in England. The lack of practice, spoken and written, and the over-reliance on a computer spell-check did not help... still doesn't, in actual fact!

Still, I should have paid more attention to Pads' homework though [:$]