opposites

Panda

He won't learn them if we do them for him, I suspect that wasn't the intention of the devoir.

Get him to make a list of words (however many he needs) in either English or French, work out what the opposite is and look it up in a dictionary. Pas compliqué.

[quote user="Dick Smith"]He won't learn them if we do them for him, I suspect that wasn't the intention of the devoir.[/quote]

Aye. Active learning and all that. I agree with Dick.

The list is in the dictionary. Your son just needs (or rather, needed) help finding it.[:)]

[quote user="Pander"]

Thanks Pads, this is his first introduction to opposites and we couldn't come up with any that he felt were the ones he studied, I was after some inspiration![/quote]

I may be being overly sensitive, but I don't understand why you have ignored what Dick and I said.

Dick is a teacher, and I'm a learner. Is what we both said not worthy of remark?

Thanks all, as I said in the original post, he forgot his book so it was never a case of doing it for him, so I did ignore the other responses, sorry!

I went and saw his teacher about it this morning as he was not alone in forgetting his book, (I had tried other kids for a copy first).  They are now going to revise in class before the controle as a result of this so no problem after all!

He gets worried if he scores anything less than 20 out of 20, as a teacher Dick can you recommend a way in which I can reassure him that a prefect score whilst nice is not everything.  He is top of his class as he gets 20 for the majority of things.  Am I being pushy do you think that could be the the issue here, I do go through his devoir with him and also always ask how he got on when picking him up on the day of a controle?  He's 8 and in CE2.