French accents

tegwini

Is there anyone out there who can recommend an easy to use/download attachment 'thingy' for French accents ?

Someone kindly provided one a while back, but as I have changed my lap top I seem to have 'lost ' it.

I have downloaded Avisoft, which is similar, but it puts a euro symbol instead of the acute 'e' accent - as did the previous one.

And for some reason my lap top's insert symbol is giving only mathetical symbols and I can't seem to change that- and it was a right pain when it did give French symbols.

Please Help !!!

Many thanks

Tegwini

• 3 weeks later...
Don't forget that if you have the French spell check add-in in Firefox

you can type in something like 

"J'ai deja tape ca en francais sans probleme "

and it will give you 

"J'ai déjà tape ça en français sans problème " just by clicking on the words underlined in red..

A simple way I've found to do this on a lap-top with no numeric pad, instead of toggling between functions is this:

If you're in 'Word' go to Tools, then Language, then Select language, you can select French as a second language, provided you can find it on the list of languages on your coputer. After that, when you're typing a document, after a few words it detects than you're typing in French and will underline in red the words that it thinks are wrong. Correct it, and Bob's your uncle! [geek] If it's for a post, copy and paste into your post, easy-peasy!

FairyNuff

[quote user="tegwini"]Is there anyone out there who can recommend an easy to use/download attachment 'thingy' for French accents ?

Someone kindly provided one a while back, but as I have changed my lap top I seem to have 'lost ' it.

I have downloaded Avisoft, which is similar, but it puts a euro symbol instead of the acute 'e' accent - as did the previous one.

And for some reason my lap top's insert symbol is giving only mathetical symbols and I can't seem to change that- and it was a right pain when it did give French symbols.

Please Help !!!

Many thanks
Tegwini
[/quote]

Hi Will,

Thanks for the Lexibar link, very useful and better it seems than Avisoft.  I used to know how to cure the inadvertent € symbol, but forgot now.

Hi Teggs !

Try this on your Insert - Symbol box :

Click the down arrow in the font box and select  (normal text).  It has most of the usual requirements.

Cheers from Ernie