Michel Thomas disk 2

Fay

I leant a friend the 8-hour Michel Thomas course many moons ago, and it's been returned at last - minus disk 2, which was in the CD player of her car when it got stolen. *sigh*

I asked for it back so that my partner can brush up his rusty French skills but 'it's not worth it' apparently if disk 2 isn't there...

So, just a vague hope that someone out there may have moved on from MT and might be prepared to sell me disk 2 from their set? I've looked online to see if single replacements are sold, but it seems not.

Anyone got one they'd be prepared to part with for a negotiable sum?

[quote user="AnOther"]Tut tut tut [:$]

Not a bad idea though, and it is only 28mb [Www]

[/quote]

Both parties have rights to the use of the didactic material, even though one disk is lost, the transfer of the recording would not affect the intellectual rights of the author. The MP3 could be if convenient burnt to a CD-R/RW.

Frankly I fail to understand why people in practice persist in using CDs, the whole lot on a flash memory key or an MP3 player is a lot more sensible.

The cds were purchased before the days of MP3s but, yes, it's a good idea to transfer them to an iPod or memory stick.

Anyway, thanks again one and all for the swift rallying-round - what a kind bunch you are.

[quote user="AnOther"]It was meant in humour and there are many perfectly valid reasons why people continue to use CD's.

[/quote]

I was thinking of language aural comprehension; an english speaking couple living locally have been gifted the Thomas Course....on casette tapes.... I leant them an old casette player....now that would be for me a definite MP3 choice.[:)]

Have you managed to find a copy yet ? If not ...When I left one of mine in a hire car I emailed the MT web site and told them.. they sent me another, they have also sent me the booklets that go with them in the past as well ...no charge . worth a try