Property websites

Angel

MerveilN, tell us what you're looking for, where, what size, how much land, budget (if you want to divulge that) and I am sure there are people on the Forum (perhaps me included) who might be able to sell you something that is just right?[:D]

Green-acres.com has been quite sucsessful for a couple of people I know, it's not free but is not expensive either;

For sale adverts

Publication 3 month

until sale *

English only

€ 39 incl VAT

€ 59 incl VAT

In all the languages available

€ 59 incl VAT

€ 99 incl VAT

Might be worth a go hope this helps

Tim

I sold my last place through French Property News within 2 days, "unseen" on the basis of VERY GOOD photographs, floor plans and a very well worded ad.. None of which are forthcoming from most local agents..

It takes a little bottle to complete the sale (and good knowledge of the 'escape clauses' you want your notaire to omit) ..

It was the best £60 I've spent.. But you do need the best possible 'presentation'..

Nothing is 'free', but I know that 'leboncoin' is where I was always looking to buy direct from sellers for our new place - albeit with hugely variable 'good value' factor.. In the end, local knowledge and good old fashioned "asking around"  eventually found our new place. Buying, even in a "buyers market", isn't actually as easy as it sounds - it took us a year with the most intensive search to find the "right" place. Even then, there are always compromises..

Good luck..

[quote user="Bob T"]

Trouble with the housing market sweet is that what a seller thinks is a bargain, is quite often expensive to a buyer!
[/quote]

I know, Bob, that's how it is.  If someone names a price as being very "good", I do take into account whether they are buying or selling![:)]

I was only having a joke with Wooly.  I am not even marketing my place yet.  Just sitting on it, drawing breath and thinking what best to do.

Joiedevie, you are right about buying not being an easy option even in a buyers' market.  I think the present house took me about 2 years to find, with some very intensive searching the last 6 to 8 months.

I suppose if you have a mind to buy and are determined to do it, you make it a number one priority, you look at all the internet sites, all agents' windows, follow up every possible lead, keep your fingers crossed, your ear to the ground, your hopes up, your thoughts on the job and you don't give up till you succeed!

You think I sound a bit OTT?  Yeah, I was certainly that but the result of all that effort has been a real turnaround for us and, the way I look at it is, treat it as important and you will get there.