Rael

SaligoBay

This guy's brilliant, he'll have your LOO-NEE detectors going haywire!

He's French, he was visited by aliens while he was in a volcano crater one day, and they told him all about the history of Mankind - we're all just clones of long-ago space travellers.   They also changed his name from Claude Vorilhon to Rael.  The space travellers are called Elohim, and they'll be back real soon.

This is big stuff, even Vraititi's pal Houllebecq knows all about him!  Oh yes, and I think you can be a Raelian with your clothes off. 

Here's the Rael website http://www.rael.org/

And here's one that's easier to read  http://www.gogomagazine.com/0227/coverstory.html

I'm not sure if this counts as traditionally French or not.

How do you find these people, SB?  And may I possibly ask why you look for them?

Do you think that volcanic crater was in the Auvergne?  I've always thought of that region as having a scary weird landscape and a likely hangout for aliens.  (With sincere apologies to all Forum members currently living there....)

Incidentally, I'm now crazy about Houelle too.  Rather suspect he knows everything about everyone. 

I'm not into scifi at all but I know a lot of French people who are.  And have you noticed how you often come across exclusively scifi dedicated shops in the most unlikely of places?  Sure there's one in the Marais (Paris) but I also stumbled across one in quaint little Albi...

M

That's brilliant. For some reason I thought from SB's original description that he was some kind of act, but it all seems to be for real. What's so scary is that looking into his background he could almost be me, though I'm not French and definitely have no interest in scifi or aliens.

Mind you, in the fruitcake stakes he still seems some way behind www.davidicke.com

• 3 weeks later...

If you look into him even more you,ll discover he,s really just the leader of a nutty religious sect. They,re based somewhere down here in the South, maybe near Carpentras. It,s also a free for all sex cult. The members wear different coloured wrist bands..according to their preferances...ie..singles..couples..triples..swapsies etc!! He of course gets the pick of all the lovely innocent young girls that get roped into his cult.

Janey