What does the bread mean?

Rose

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Rose.

My wife and I went to look at a house for sale in Le Muret near Biscarrosse last week, we met the english people next door that had put the house on the internet for his French neighbour, the house was next door.

When we returned to the English couple house, I noticed the same thing a pole decorated but no bread, I said to them, have we forgotton to take down the Christmes decorations, Maureen the wife said come and look, there was a letter in French which she read out to us.

The pole was from their neighbours welcoming them to the village and thanking them for their help with village things, she told me it had to stay until, she thought the end of the year, when a party was organised and the pole taken down, seemed a nice thank you from their French neighbours.

Dont know if this is the same as the one you saw.

Colin

• 3 weeks later...
[quote user="Hoddy"]

Rose, did you ever get to the bottom of the mystery of the bread ?

Hoddy

[/quote]

ooops...sorry... I'd forgotten about that... I did go to ask but they had gone away... no sign of a car for a few weeks and I just forgot.  I have to deliver an invitation over the weekend so I'll ask and see what I can find out!

I did take a photo but it was later than I thought so the photo is a bit dark... I've tried to edit in photoshop but it's not great quality... I'll let you know if I hear anything

[IMG]http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb311/ppspecs/bread.jpg[/IMG]