cheesecake

Maxime

I always use Mascapone cheese mixed with citrus rind,juice and a tablespoon of icing sugar on top of a base made from Speculoos or Bastogne crushed buiscuits stirred into melted butter and then pressed down in a dish.

I made one recently with creme fraiche and thick cream, from Champion. 250 grammes of each, mixed with the rind and juice of a lemon,1 oz ground almonds,2 egg yolks,2 oz sugar, 2level tbsp cornflour, all mixed together. whisk egg whites until stiff and fold into mixture. pour onto your chosen base and bake at gas 4 electric 180c for 30-40 minutes. It worked well. Pat

Hi - just a quick reply.  My wife's made loads of cheesecakes here with cream cheese from Lidl - so it's cheap - under a Euro per 200g pot - called "Creme Goldessa - Pur" or Nature.  In a blue and white tub, it's a mixture of cream, cheese and yoghurt very similar to the own-brand Phildelphias from the UK.

She also adds  *powdered or leaf gelatine - both easily available in the Hypers or supermarkets (brand "Vahiné" - powdered).

Cheers,

Chris