I am not kidding you...

Ty Korrigan

Really I am not.

My french lass's mother is a bit of a paysanne and so eats 'interesting' things.

However last weekend Regine announced that there would be no more Pissenlit (Dandelion) salad as now they are in flower they are too bitter to eat...

Thank nature for that!

Incidently... The word Dandelion is evolved from an old French name for the plant Dente de Lion or Lions teeth, what the leaves are said to resemble or prehaps the flavour which has bite...

There is a salad called 'Salade de Vouillé' as in Vouillé north-east-ish of Niort in 79 which is made so:

A good bowl of pissenlit, which in old french means 'piss in your bed'! Diuretic the plant is so don't double dose with your medecine if some of you need them little pills...  euh....   back to the salade...

A good bowl of pissenlit well washed, about a pound of lardons bits fried up to a very brown crisp. When they are well crisped up and you have all these lovely fatty juices in the fryingpan, pour the lot immediately over the pissenlit, a little red wine vinegar, salt & pepper, mix the lot very well and enjoy with a chunk of garlic bread and a large glass of the infurating red water....

Now if that is not eating like a native ... don't know what is...