courgette soup

seb47

I've just tried out a recipe found in my gardening magazine that is yummy and helps no end with the courgette glut: fry off some onions and loads of garlic, then add chopped courgettes and sliced potatoes. Quantities don't really matter - just use a big pan then you can freeze leftovers. Add at least a litre of chicken stock and season to taste. Simmer for about 20 -30 mins, then blend in batches. Everyone I've tried it out on (French included) has loved it.

Sue.

Same soup as above, but I'd peel the marrows first...

Variation: gently fry curry spices with onions+garlic, then as before; add coriander+yogurt when ready to serve. Will freeze well, but don't put the yogurt until reheated.

Courgettes are also tasty when sliced (thickness of a € coin), tossed with Edam cubes + grated nutmeg, usual salt & pepper, then simply baked (preferably in a deep dish) until a knife goes through. Pretty healthy too, as no added oil or butter!

[quote user="Jackie"]

As most of our courgettes have now turned to marrows do you think these could be used instead or has anyone got any good marrow recipes please which will freeze?

Jackie

[/quote]

You can make marrow and ginger jam - I did some last year and it was lovely, and a beautiful pale gold colour.