Beer not wine!

bg9208

Hope that this isn't too off topic being about beer. Having found my

perfect dark beer, Pelforth Brune, I was given a couple of bottles of

"Mutzig" beer which was bought on offer from an 'end of line' shop for

just centimes and which I found a perfect light beer and better than

any of the other 'premium' lagers around.

Does anyone know which, if any supermarket chain stocks it in the Limousin?

I'm now down to my last bottle having drunk the penultimate this lunchtime.

I thoroughly endorse your Jenlain recommendation. I also like Leffe and am happy to quaff its Blonde/Brune/ or Radieuse varieties. I noticed a local paper advertising a new product from Leffe...........a 9 degree blonde !! Sound like it'll be worth a gargle or 2.

chouan

I tried the Leffe '9' but surprisingly I wasn't too keen.  Dare I say it..... it was too strong in alcohol and not so strong in taste.  For me I like the Leffe Blonde best, I also very much like the Jenlain ambreè but too much does make my head hurt the next day, perhaps I'm getting old ......

I'll certainly give the Jenlain a try, I seem to remember seeing it in

either leclerc or Cora. Some of the blond beers seem to up the alcohol

and  take away the taste but the Mutzig at 4.5% and a good taste

was well worth the 30Cents per 25cl bottle!

I will remain focussed on my quest for Mutzig but still enjoy the experimentation.

Thanks for your posts.

www.leschenauds.com

The Jenlain is ambreè not brune. I love it but if you weren't keen on the blond then this is probably not up your street - no harm in trying though.

At the risk of being pedantic, 7.9 proof is incorrect.  It is 7.9% A.B.V.  (alcohol by volume)  'Proof' is an old scale hardly used anymore which measures from 0 (pure water) to 180 degrees (pure alcohol, even though such a thing is impossible, chemically speaking)  100 degrees of Proof is that strength which can be ignited at room temperature.  more than 100 is reffered to as 'over proof'

Never, ever say something is x percent proof.

I'll take me 'at off now

• 2 weeks later...
La Goudale is my favourite Frfench beer - it always hits the spot...

I badly miss draught Fullers ESB especially if you can persuade the landlord to give you it straight from the barrel on the day of delivery. They mutter about letting it settle..

Every landlord I have persuaded to give me it is amazed and immediately hooked - it is alive with bits of hops floating around it is a true elixir - absolute heaven. Give it a try.