Re: Large muffin cases

Pierre ZFP

I have looked high and low for a Lakeland equivalent  - about 44mm (1"3/4) high - as most of those sold in France are more suited to cupcakes.

I ended up ordering several 100s with my last batch of Easy-Yo a few months ago. They are labelled in French as "caissettes pour muffins 50x44mm".

I have seen these, which seem to be a closer size: http://www.technopapier.com/cuiss4.html

I have noticed that Lidl are advertising silicone ones at €3.99 for 6 on sale on 23rd October:

I'm sure most of you already know about, but I picked up a useful tip a while back, which is to use an old-fashioned ice-cream scoop (one with a squeezy handle) instead of a spoon or spatula to put the dough into the cases...

I bought a catering pack of extra large muffin cases on Ebay.  They were a very good price and with reasonable postage costs.  I cannot remember how much.  There are some on the UK site now.  You will need to ask for the postage cost as they only have postage costs for UK listed and they will send to France.

Regards - Patricia

• 2 weeks later...
[quote user="Clair"]I have noticed that Lidl are advertising silicone ones at €3.99 for 6 on sale on 23rd October:

[/quote]

Quick update to say I am very pleased with my Lidl purchase.

The silicone cases are not quite as high nor as wide as the Lakeland paper cases, but they are a vast improvement on the paper cases I have bought previously in France and they fit just right in the muffin tins.

Highly recommended [:)]

I got this little muffin recipe book from Lakeland along time ago:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Muffins-Fast-Fantastic-Susan-Reimer/dp/0952885808

but there are lots of recipes online.

The main things to remember is to prepare the dry and wet ingredients separately, not to over-mix them and to bake them without waiting, as the chemical reaction between the raising agent and the liquid starts as soon as they come in contact with each other.

[quote user="Clair"]I attempt to mix enough for 24 muffins (2 trays of 12).
Since I started using an ice-cream scoop to distribute them, the dough does stretch more than it used to, but not quite to 24 yet! [:D]
[/quote]

Blimey Clair, bake you muffins gon stretchy too. Do they bounce?

We had a chocolate Muffin as our last dog. She was a chocolate labrador called Muffin, well I was always told that Muffin the mule was not legal [8-)]. I had to explain to my daughter, then aged 3, that she wasn't allowed to break off and eat any of the dog just because she was a choccy!

[quote user="Jonzjob"][quote user="Clair"]Since I started using an ice-cream scoop to distribute them, the dough does stretch more than it used to, but not quite to 24 yet! [:D][/quote]

Blimey Clair, bake you muffins gon stretchy too. Do they bounce?[/quote]

I just knew someone would pick on this... [:D]

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh, Ize here too babas. Trouble with my muffin is that she keeps coming back even if I pack her in a case and send her off, even in a very large muffin case. I tried for a flight to Valparaiso but apparently you cant put Banana Muffin on a plane. They take banana caterpillars and even banana beavers so why not muffins?