APEROS

hakunamatata

You two trying to cause trouble or what?

Years ago, I kept getting sales literature thanking me for attending the Boat Show and asking me whether I'd be interested in going to the next one.

I'm not sure to this day whether OH didn't suspect that I was off to the Boat Show at Brighton with someone else.  He was working away at the time but I really wasn't playing away as I was too knack**** trying to run the house on my own!  Honest Truth!

[quote user="sweet 17"] The commercial pineau, IMHO, is no different from cough medicine, is very sweet, has low alcoholic content and is not a fit drink for aperos  or at any time of day. However, if you have a copin, as my neighbour does, who makes it extra strong with Cognac, then it's a very pleasant drink, especially if you have at least 2 glasses and do not literally "sip" it like you would sherry.  You need to take a nice, biggish mouthful and let the flavour swirl around your tongue before you swallow it and feel that glorious warmth building up in your tummy.  [/quote]

Our neighbours invited us for an apero at 11ish prior to lunch, this was a magical home brew, poured into tall glasses about a half pint, one of these was enough, (I agree, don't sip) but two Sweet?!* I wonder you could stand! although on second thoughts from what you say about all and sundry poppin in for apero's throughout the day you must be used to it; no wonder you didn't know if you had copin or copain[6]