Palets au fromage - recipe query

Hereford

Hello

I am trying out some recipes in advance of making food for an apéritif party.

The first two ingredients of the recipe have me confused.  They read:

125g farine de blé

2 c à s de farine

which you then mélangez.

I understand the quantities but what is the difference please between farine de blé and farine?  All the ordinary flour packets I have (plain and "gateaux") say farine de blé. Could "farine" be, say, cornflour? I thought not but am open to suggestions!   Perhaps farine de froment? 

Many thanks for any help

Mrs H

I would say check another recipe. This is odd, mentioning weight and then cuilliere a soupe.

In fact what are you making, it would help to know. Ofcourse it could be just a printers error and maybe those 2 tablespoons are cornflour, but not mentioned like that; they aren't, it would never be called 'farine'.

Idun: all other recipes in the book just say farine when they need flour (why I was confused!!).  Instructions say "melangez les farines" so clearly two different sorts.

Norman: Very different ingredients but still cheesy crispy biscuits!

I may try them just using flour.

Thanks for suggestions.

Mrs H

I don't understand then and personally would probably stay away from a recipe that was so vague. As I reckon, to be helpful, it could have said T45 or T55 or whatever to determine which you should use.

Let's face it farine and farine de blé should be the same thing.

I wonder what Clair will make of this.

Thanks again. You were up early Norman!

It is not essential that I use the recipe so I may not, but as you say Idun I thought "farine" meant farine de blé".  

I had hoped that Clair would see the post but she seems not to be around so much.

[quote user="Hereford"]I had hoped that Clair would see the post but she seems not to be around so much.[/quote]

*waves* I'm here most days, but not at 5am!![:P]

As above, the recipe is not specific enough and I'd find another...

Well, round this area there is a lot of palets. You take a not too ripe camembert, carefully flatten it until it is about half its size again, then toss it towards the square lead target on the ground. Winner gets a fridge full of cheese which is then eaten with copious amounts of light wine from the ladies and hooch for the men. Any dirt is simple removed by spitting and rubbing!

I wanted to make some little cheesy aperitif biscuits today and decided to just make a dough as for cheese straws then cut them out with the top off a spice jar (only thing I could find which was the right size and which I could push out any which stuck). They came out lovely and crisp - much less faffing around than cutting dozens of cheese straws!