Seller Requirements

meiklejohn

Before completion on a house sale is the the seller required to

1. Have the chimney swept ?

2. Have the Fosse emptied ?

3. Service the Boiler ? (Oil - fired Central Heating)

4. Produce certification for these tasks ?

Would there be anything else that should be done?

Thanks!!

Oooh, a definitive answer would be good although I am a buyer and not a seller.  I have requested, through the estate agent, that the fosse be emptied.  Am I within my rights or being unreasonable?

OP, I assume you already know about the diagnostics which the seller pays for.

My Plumber was telling me that also there is legislation for electrical certificates and gas certificates  . . .?

In particular no internal gas bottles for non movable appliances (ie OK for portable gas fire or portable freestanding oven, but not for fixed gas hob which must be supplied from bottles outside the house)

Just had reply from the estate agent, saying that the fosse is only 3 years old and the property only occupied for half of that time.  Also that there is no documentation for the emptying of the fosse.

No dice, then?  Oh, nevermind, not worth sweating the small stuff, as they say!

I take it you're in buying mode sweet?

As far as the fosse is concerned make sure that you request a copy of the sign-off by whatever body confirming that it complies with the "normes".

This applies to any other recent work where you should be given a list of artisans and their insurance cover.

Sure I'm buying, Benjamin.  I heard that when the going gets tough, the tough go buying houses or something like that.

Yes, there is the certificat of conformité for the fosse.  As for the recent work done, OH (the hardest man in the world to please!) was satisfied with it.

Guarantees seem only to be as good as the firm or artisan.  If they go out of business, I suppose all bits of paper are worthless?