English books in french ...

Pads

Hello

Im setting a quiz for my class and Im looking for names of well know english books/stories that are easierly translated from french back to english...

Like this :

Le Chat Botte

Pierre et le loup

Le petit chaperon rouge

Pierre Lapin....

can you think of any more ??

Keep it simple as we are still learners ...

Many thanks

How about looking up childrens' books on Amazon? 

I thought of "Winnie l'Ourson" but it doesn't translate easily so maybe  a trawl round an Amazon type site would be easier?

Must they be English in the original?  Because "Le Petit Prince" translates OK.  (I mention this as I have just bought a lovely new pop up version which is a delight - for aged kids everywhere.[:)]

I am reading L'isle au trésor at the moment (in fits and starts) but why Pads do you want to find a french translation of an English book to translate back to English, it would help answer your question if I know.

You could equally ask why did I decide to read this book, it wasnt to translate it back to English, when I read in French I think and visualise in French, it was because I enjoyed the story as a child.

I think what Pads means is that she needs suggestions of book titles that can be easily translated as part of a quiz.

Do they have to be English books (as in written in England) Pads, or just English titles (as in the language) ?

The Man in the Iron Mask, Little Women, Three Men in a Boat, A Tale of Two Cities... that kind of thing?

Thanks for everyone's replies ...

Yes simple word titles in french that can be translated back in to english, for a french class ... I dont mind where the stories come from, as long as they are well know, as we are a large range of ages so classics make it fair for everyone ...

We are all creating a game (In french ) to play, for our last class after our exams at the end of term...

Some people are doing crosswords , or quizzes or picture games , so I thought translating books would be good