Jackson Brodie - Private Eye

Frecossais

Has anyone read Kate Atkinson's books about Jackson Brodie?

To my mind she is one of the funniest and most literate of writers. I find myself continually saying to my OH,  "Listen to this" and reading out another gem of a phrase or sentence.

I like the way her main character, Jackson Brodie bumbles his way through his life, not quite able to face up to his awful childhood, and I like learning more and more about him in every book.

I'm reading "Started early, took my dog" just now. It took some getting into because it darts from character to character and past to present, but I can't put it down now. Atkinson's wit and observations are spot-on! A must read. 

Just finished the latest one - Started early took my dog. It's the first I've read by her. I kept having to go back to remind myself who was who & why etc. Thought the ending could have been better. Book now in box ready for next brocante.

The first Kate Atkinson book I read was When will there be Good News, which I loved. I then read Behind the scenes at the Museum - that was even better! I also really enjoyed One Good Turn and Case Histories, though I wasn't as keen on Human Croquet and Emotionally Weird.

[quote user="JeanS"]Just finished the latest one - Started early took my dog. It's the first I've read by her. I kept having to go back to remind myself who was who & why etc. Thought the ending could have been better. Book now in box ready for next brocante.[/quote]

Methinks there's another book to come. I'm not sure whether it will explain Courtney, it will probably be just as confusing as Started early........... but I just liked the style once I got used to it.