Motorcycle Rideout (Vienne 86) Saturday 13th Jan.

Bugsy

We have a shortish rideout planned for Saturday 13th January. Meet up at 0930 hours in the Super U car park at Sauze Vaussais (D948). We will leave promptly at 10.00.

A trip is planned to Saintes with a visit to a new Coffee Shop/ Gallery called the Aitrium. This can be found at  4 Rue Arc de Triomphe, 17100 SAINTES (1 way road) and almost opposite the English Shop so handy for parking in big carpark by the Charente River near the Arc de Triomphe.

If you are coming please either post on this thread or PM me if you're shy.............[:D]

Come on, get those bikes out.     .....................  

Cheers, Gary.

Well Gary, as you already know I will be there. What has happened to all those bikers who told their mates in the Uk that they were moving to France to ride all the year round!! guess it was just you and me. For heavens sake a ride out now in France is like a walk in the park compared with riding through the winter in the UK which I did for many years

Remember sliding down the road on your a--e everytime you got the bike out between November and March or is it just the Cognac dulling my memory!

come on guys , Wendy will be talking about us if its just me and that big butch Triumph again

Hi Gary - thanks for the tip on this forum ......looks good.

Sorry I won't be able to join you owing to the fact that my UK bike still hasn't sold and I therefore have not yet bought my new one.  For the record though, My ZZR1200 saw three winters riding in the UK and was my sole daily transport during the last two.  I know what it is like to be cold!!!!  Hope to meet with you guys soon.

Cheers

Rolly

New windows being put in at the moment - should be finished tomorrow night, so if all goes according to plan, I'll be there on Saturday.

The rear caliper is binding on the Pan, so rather than strip it down, I might just come down on the little GS500.  But don't worry, I'll keep the revs down so that you can all stay with me.....[8-|]

[quote user="Dog"]I put both Saintes and Sauze Vaussais into the Michelin Route Planner and it says neither place exists??????[/quote]

Not sure if you are joking D, but just look on a map find the N10 south of Poitiers follow it down till you see Civray to the right, look left across the other side of the N10 and you'll find Sauze.

But then again...................................[Www]

Ok Mark, see you another time...............................[8-|]

Hi Socket, we will leave Sauze V at 10.00, then Chef Boutonne, Aulney, St Jean d, then Saintes.

I would think Aulnay would be good for you. Let me know anyway, see you tomorrow.

Just back after a day in the drizzle, down to Saintes where we visited the Aitrium Coffee Shop. Nice place for a stop. Roads pretty awful, it must be 'Lets drop a bit of diesel week' in this part off the world.

Sunday Driver, Baldeagle, Socket and Yours Truly (behind the lens).

[IMG]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/Bugbear2/Saintes2.jpg[/IMG]

Hello I posted a note earlier on the other "channel ". So to repeat , glad to hear you all arrived home safe, nice to have met you all, I didn't mind the wet , at least this way the little tiddler could keep you in his sights !   Next time would you ask baldeagle not to link the bikes together with his security chain , as your photo shows !

best regards socket