My Bike

Charlotte3

Hi,

Sorry, don't recognise the modern ones- what is it - it looks about what I might like to get again , just to ease me back into the saddle!

Last one I had was a GPZ 550 - hubby bent that when I was pregnant some time ago, but being sensible am looking for a smaller one to the CB1100R I had to get back into the habit in France.

Keni

Hi Charlotte,

I am guessing here but that looks like a Honda 125 twin engine along with the drum brakes I wouldn't have thought very much bigger?

Noticed you are from the Mayennaise chapter! I have a dark blue Yamaha Fazer and wear a silver helmet I try to  bring friends over a few times a year so if you see some Brit Reg bikes with one fitting that description do say Hi!

Keep it on the black stuff.........

Got it right, Sunday Driver......CM125, she's only little but I have to be legal nowadays being a grownup!!!! (for many years I drove a Suzuki GT380 while on a provisional licence, but I'm a good girl now). I do like retro things (bikes and cars) not the OH.....though maybe...! As far as I can make out this bike was the forerunner of the very popular Rebel we see so much of here in Mayenne, but looks a bit more substantial.

She is a limited edition  however, and I have the tool roll, saddle bags, Harley Davidson (sp?) grips etc., so she is VERY pretty and just right for a lady of a certain age! Do you think I would be going too far with a pair of chaps though? OH says so, but I have to protect my damaged knee, and they have so much more character than leather jeans.....seriously folks, let me know what you think before I make a  total spectacle of myself!!

Many thanks for your positive replies,

Aly

[quote user="Charlotte3"]

Do you think I would be going too far with a pair of chaps though? OH says so, but I have to protect my damaged knee, and they have so much more character than leather jeans.....seriously folks, let me know what you think before I make a  total spectacle of myself!!

[/quote]

Aly,

It doesn't matter what you ride, wear protective gear. If you don't fancy a fully armoured fabric suit get yourself a set of elbow and knee protectors. They are available from motorbike shops and the off-road boys use them. They will fit under your normal clothes and are quite comfortable to wear. The added advantage is that you can remove them when you get to where you're going.

Gary.

Sunday Driver,

"Depends how far you want to go, Babe......."            

Well....as far as my age and dodgy leg will allow!!!

The pad thingys sound like a good idea, had a look at the website but I'm not sure if you need to buy the trousers to put them in (if you follow me), oh why does everything sound wrong?

I have to wear a protective support on the knee for work to protect the skin graft, so I wondered if that along with a fetching pair of fringed leather chaps would be practical as well as safe and also girlie????

The guys in work all have BIG bikes and they maintain that leather is very resilient if the worst happens. I have an expensive Macadam jacket which is meant to be made of very tough teflon reinforced fabric, but it tore very easily, which makes me wonder about any sort of fabric trousers, even with protection.

By the way, I really do appreciate your help with this as I am nervous now and want to make sure that I am as well protected as possible. I know that people think I should just avoid bikes, but I don't like to let anything beat me.

Aly

[quote user="Bugbear"]Aly This site  is worth a look, they look like heavy denim jeans but have a soft-knitted kevlar lining. Also available with hip and knee armour, if required.[/quote]

They're pretty good so far, I've got some of these, but I put the Hipro-Tech from Heine Gericke in the hips and knees - very comfy.  Not tried out the spill factor in them as yet, only tried it in leathers on one occasion and dainese water proof textiles on another which have huge dainese knee and shin protectors in them - hardly felt a thing!

I don't make a habit of it honestly, these were a few years ago - but if I ever happen to again in my hood jeans and hipro-tech protectors I'll keep you posted!

Hello to Sunday Driver and Bugbear - read many of your postings, mainly been a quiet member of this forum, but just thought I'd put in my "two penneth" to introduce myself - so be gentle!

[quote user="bikerchick"]Yes Bugbear I'm a Lincolnshire Yella Belly, born and bred![/quote]

--------- Ok,  Fine , so let the rest of us in on this one,  What is a Lincolnshire Yella Belly ?  sounds serious to me , I'd keep it covered up if I was you   [+o(]

----------- not at all, I have heard that there's life north of Watford . I'm pleased I asked the question though , because at first sausages came to mind , and naturally thought a Yella Belly was a breed of the raw material .  Do forgive me

Regards socket