le mans moto gp in may

kmcg

hello all ,kevin from belfast ,first post . My daughters boyfriend and myself are riding our bikes to le mans this year arriving sat 17th  on  the ferry to roscoff from Ireland and leaving on the mon eve from Cherbourg 19 th. Any ideas on nice Fench small hotels in maybe Tours to Le mans for sat and somewhere nortt towards the port sun night would be appreciated.Looks like main roads to cover distances but maybe some one could suggest a little off motorway section. Any ideas ? thanks guys kevin.

I can do you a nice little 1.5 hours or so on pleasant road from LM to the Gace motorway toll booth, if that sounds far enough? 

I only know of hotels quite close to me which I guess wouldn't be far enough away.  However, loads of my friends who come over use halfway hotels so I'll see if they have any good ideas.  I also have a friend who bikes over from Jersey every year so I'll ask him for some thoughts.

Although we're pretty much car orientated,  there are still quite a lot of bikers on:

http://www.clubarnage.com/forum/index.php

who'll have some ideas! Come over and join us.

Welcome, btw.

Thankyou for your suggestions . I must go out tomrrow and update my 1992 Michelin motoring atlas of France ! I will post again when I ve had a look at  motorways etc . I cannot get through the reg for clubarnage but I will try again . I must say both sites look very useful . So thanks again a bientot !

Kev

Hotels: www.logis-de-france.fr clean, simple usually good french family owned hotels.

Roads: Take a look at the area called La Suisse Normande, turn left at Falaise N158 on to D511. 

I also think the toll motorways are free to bikes on Sunday night but not sure, might save a euro or 2.

Don't forget to pack your waterproofs it always rains at LeMans for MotoGP. 

Cheers , thats a really interesting link , will use that now and later in the year when my wife and me take a motoring tour of Northern France .Our Sat night stop in May is in Laval so we will ride through the countryside you mention ! Thanks for your input ,Kev.