Car insurance and getting no claims

Gardener

Car registered to me and Mrs G. Insurance in my name with Mrs G as only named driver.

I have max no claims.

If we get another car for Mrs G, will her years of driving the other car count for anything re no claims, or will she have to start from scratch?

I have been a named driver on my husband's policy for 19 years, when I bought a second car in my name I was told I would have to start from scratch with regards to my no claims bonus. I did after much searching find a company that would accept a limited amount of no claims on production of a letter from our insurance company. I can't remember who it was now, but I think it could have been the AA?

Have been told by our bank (CA) that if our insurance companies in UK can provide a letter saying we have not had an accident in the last 13 years we get approx 50% discount, have e-mailed the companies to see if they will provide letter, no reply as yet!

When I got my car, they linked my insurance to that of my OH, already insured with them and it reduced the cost quite a lot.  I cannot remember if they also carried across what no claims he had, I think perhaps they did.

But it might be different with each insurer.