Colouring a house photo (for choosing paint colour)

WJT

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I would like to if possible to find software that would allow me to change colours. I have done a search and can't seem to find anything, would really like to find something free or inexpensive. [Www]

I'm interested in seeing what the shutters of our house would look like in different colours before deciding on the easy and current option of white. I know it's being a bit of a coward by not making the decision solely on my imagination but it would be a lot of work to only find out it doesn't look right. [:)]  Has anyone used anything like this for their own house?

I use Adobe photo deluxe, which came free with my digital camera.  If you have a digital camera the chances are that you would have received some kind of photo editing software with it on a CD.

Or, you could perhaps try one of these free packages http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pixelbasedwin/tp/freephotoedw.htm

Failing that, post your photo on the forum and say which colours you're interested in trying out, and I (and I'm sure others) will have a go a tweaking them for you.

Cat, thank you very much for the link. I downloaded Paint.net and have been giving it a go albeit looks like an attempt by a two year old but hopefully will give me an idea.

Nicos, I think even your neighbours would want to get a paint brush out for these shutters. [:)]

Purple Crazy, thank you so much, just what I needed. I just had a go at the Crown site and it was soo easy. It only took me a couple of minutes to colour in my shutters, it is brilliant!

Now, let me guess what your favourite colour is.[:D] Thank you again.

Thank you Jonzjob, very good point. However, even though I have found it very interesting and like the way two colours look in particular, I don't know if I have the nerve to change them from white. [:$] But if I do, I will definitely take your advice and ask at the Mairie.