Le Gif's

Chris Head

All done, well just about.

It was a bit 'dated' before

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/chrishead/DSC01005.jpg[/IMG]

Alot of silly hours and late nights and three weeks ish later.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/chrishead/DSC01084.jpg[/IMG]

The bar was built for a gay female couple who bought the building in a bit of a rush and I agreed to make the bar for them in their timescales, having checked first with my other clients.

When they arrived in Domps they didn't have the easiest of times, it's a farming community, some of the friendlier villagers set up 'Le Gif's', which is essentially a support network, or will become one, for gay women. Actually I've forgotten what 'Gif's' stands for...DOH! I'll call them later, unless Missy can remember? It's supposed to be 'private', but I asked them if I could tell a few mates, which they were cool with.

In hindsight it was a mistake to have taken the project on, the hours and stress were unpleasant and I ended up having to tell them to back off, it's not the way I work, there are still bits and peices to do, but it's functional and the job got done.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would you do without me as your secretary [:D] !

Le Gif's is : Groupement Intercommunautaire - not too sure of that bit as in I can't quite remember the conversation! all that wine that Chris made me drink! [;-)] - des Femmes Souriantes

or : Group of Smiling Women embracing (ooops!) every colour, creed, shape, size etc..... Now you and me are wondering what this apostrophe is all about as in English it means nothing and has no place to be ... do you know what ..... in French it means nothing and has no place to be too!! But they wouldn't be dissuaded and after all it's their money.

I have noticed in many places along my journey this last time that the French are anglicising many words and names and the apostrophe often has pride of place!...   In Limoges there is a place called : La Tart'in. True! Didn't have a camera at the time! Of course you blokes are highly amused by this. Actually the place sold sandwiches : tartines in french = a slice of bread with a topping pâté, jam, butter etc...

Chris! Fantastic! looks better now than buried in a knee high pile of sawdust when I last saw it.... [;-)]

Will it's a bar/resto/depot pain & will be a CdH in the future, you got man-flu or summit? Yer sounding  grumpy!

I couldn't manage without you Missy, thanks. I've actually cleared the barn out now, you wouldn't recognise it, it was one of those balaclava moments when I went to the bottle bank though!

No prob Louise, but be warned, free [B] whilst on site is a condition of contract....god I hope they haven't done a stocktake yet....[+o(]

[quote user="Christine Animal"]    I can't see any Marie Brizard in the bar, did you take it for our prize, or did Missy drink it?  What was Missy doing there anyway, there must be a thread I haven't seen... or "smile it confuses people" that must be why you were with the Group of Smiling Women   [:)]   [:)]   [:)]     [/quote]

Well Christine! I happened to be near Chateauponsac to visit my family about 3 weeks ago and noticed that Chris lived not far away so I thought..... let's give the bloke a visit.... Met his lovely Sarah!.... She made us a lovely simple lunch and I was given a tour of their little kingdom. Saw work in progress. Met the neighbours. [:D] etc...

Can't stand [+o(] Marie Brizzard! Too much of it when young! When I was in terminale, it used to be the drink de rigueur when we went out between friends....

[quote user="Will "]

The bar looks good (if you must have a bar in the corner of your room, of course). Is it a C de H? In which case I'll swich off the naffometer.

[/quote]

How on earth could a bar in the corner of your room ever be naff!

......................maybe i just have no taste!

Louise

God Twinks the way they were acting was enough to drive a saint to despair, seriously, I've rarely seen such panic and stress, they became alot less effective as a team as a result.

It was just great to have Missy here, she is a lovely, lovely women, intelligent, deep thinking and beautifully spoken, stuff was a bit hectic at the time and to my regret we didn't get to talk 'properly' or long enough....it was an honour for us to have met you Missy, and I'm flattered that you made the effort to visit, you're always welcome!  I hope the next time might just be a little more relaxed and raucous!

Oh and by the way, I know damn well what you blokes are thinking, after much deliberation YES I did do the chivalrous (sp?) thing and offer to cure them and convert them back to heterosexuality....well they must have been really interested because after much babbling and laughter they informed me they didn't have the time at the moment!

[quote user="Chris Head"] ..... It was just great to have Missy here, she is a lovely, lovely women, intelligent, deep thinking and beautifully spoken,    [/quote]

Wowee!... I didn't know I had time to be ALL of that with all the other things that I do!... [:$] 

Oh Chris! the last time I looked, in fact this morning when I got up, there was only one of me 'lovely womAn' . Must be the stress caused by these 2 gwyns !.... [Www]

Chris is a hard worker, a very thoughtful person, could be a little scatty but his lovely wife Sarah is here to keep him in check!  Both are a lovely couple to be with and I'll certainly make the detour next time I am visiting the relos! Chris you'd better stock up, I know you have a stash under all that saw dust. I'll bring the turkey now that you have some Paxo stuffing and Bisto gravy! I'd love some of those cepes with it [;-)]

[quote user="TWINKLE"][quote user="missyesbut"]

Must be the stress caused by these 2 gwyns !.... [Www]

[/quote]

Oh they are Welsh are they?

Which reminds me - we have some lovely dykes in Wales[:-))]

[/quote]

Well the one on the right certainly is, she's too ugly to be from any other country!

Ironically I've a lintle to carve for a private bar tommorrow (there's something going on here?), the client has said anything goes....I'm hoping to make him regret that statement!

Edit....I forgot to add Missy that this is the 'Maison du Chiens' job that got delayed by the pushy bar duo, do I try and talk him out of it? And stop all that stuff, I'll cry over the keyboard, there's already enough snot on the screen already thanks to the man-flu!

[quote user="Chris Head"][quote user="TWINKLE"][quote user="missyesbut"]

Must be the stress caused by these 2 gwyns !.... [Www]

[/quote]

Oh they are Welsh are they?

Which reminds me - we have some lovely dykes in Wales[:-))]

[/quote]

thanks to the man-flu!

[/quote]

you mean you have a bogey up your nose![img]http://bestsmileys.com/rude/2.gif[/img]