A tree carving.

Chris Head

Thanks all, it was a living Thuya topped out at 4,5m and is staying there, unless somebody nabs it! Yeah it was an experience Ernie, not just because of being in the woods but I'm just coming back to carving having burned out from it in the UK. There were no plans or drawings it just 'happened'.

Thanks Sweet, are you always so sweet? Old self? I really hope not, who knows?

I remember several years ago listening to a radio interview with Chris Rea. He had been seriously ill and got through it, at the time he was under contract to do a number of albums and took the decision to tell the record company to go stuff it where the sun don't shine. He figured it was his turn to create what he wanted and to play for himself. The result was the album 'Dancing down the Stoney Road', some of the music on it could only have come from somewhere deep inside. I guess the pole is my equivalent.

Cheers.

Thanks Postie. Wotcha JK! You not been kicked out of France yet? I really hope you're settled...Paris is a cool place for a city. Yeah been out into the Alps & Pyrenees, get out & away from it and the last thing you want to do is come back...dangerous!

This is the back view, there is a suggestion of a woman at the bottom whose arm flows into branches...photos don't really show it as it is.

[IMG]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc194/louanchris/DSCN1872.jpg[/IMG]

I have settled into Paris quite well but getting used to the city is hard.  I come from a place where you say sorry if YOU get knocked but I cannot cope with people bumping into ME and tutting.  [:@]  I took my bad mood out on Paris yesterday.  I barged them off the pavements and kicked them on the trains and stared them out with a full kung foo look if they dared to tut.  It was quite liberating and I found my sanity again.  I also walked up the Champs Elysees in a straight line and a very blank and cold expression pushing through groups of friends and kissing couples.  I can fully understand that bloke in midnight express who walked around the pole the wrong way.  I feel great today because my washing machine broke which is always a good excuse to shop for clothes. 

So, what will happen to that tree?  Will it live or stay like that?

Hey JK, Paris is the exception, keep on doing the evil looks and learn how to insult them back & you'll fit in just fine! The ONLY problems I've ever had anywhere in France has been with Parisiens.

There's an old railway line that has been converted into a walk, it's been heavily landscaped and covers perhaps seven or eight clicks, the range of architecture and cultures you see on the walk is great, most of it is elevated and you see alot of rooftop culture along the walk. The Latin quarter at night is an experience. When my NOW ex Bunnyboiler was working  at Orly airport I'd do many kilometres of walking during her shift and have found some great places to be...Paris really is Ok, and I hate cities.

The tree stays there, it was alive until my saws were allowed near it, unless someone nicks it?

I just realised the thread goes on past the first page!!

As far as any large city is concerned you can place it where the sun don't shine for me! I was born in London and I NEVER want to go to any Cité larger than the lovely Old Cité de Carcassonne! Why live where you have even to think of barging past people when you can live where you say hello to them AND they say hello back!!!

People in large cities have time for themselves only and are not worth the effort.

Chris, that pole is wonderful and I would hope that it puts wonder in a load of peoples hearts that see it!

Good on yer mate!!!