Pongs

Mayennaise

Anyone any ideas for ridding the house of  the smell of onions and curry?? It creeps into everyting!. We are at the moment sitting in a ice box as I have opened all the windows in the vain hope of getting rid of the pong!!. I have tried joss sticks, scented oil burners, scented candles, Oust fan thingy, Oust spray. It happens every time onions are used and it doesn't  seem to matter how they are cooked - the pong pervades everything!!

HELP Please

[quote user="Mayennaise"]

Anyone any ideas for ridding the house of  the smell of onions and curry?? It creeps into everyting!. We are at the moment sitting in a ice box as I have opened all the windows in the vain hope of getting rid of the pong!!. I have tried joss sticks, scented oil burners, scented candles, Oust fan thingy, Oust spray. It happens every time onions are used and it doesn't  seem to matter how they are cooked - the pong pervades everything!!

HELP Please

[/quote]

a full power on extractor fan above the cooker to get the greasy smell going up in the 'steam' created by the onions' juices being heated up and evaporating .....  Then to wash the dishes they have been cooked in with washing up liquid 'dry' i.e. rub the pan with 1 or 2 drops of good washing up liquid (lemon one if poss) and a good scourer with elbow grease then rinse well...

Put some bicarbonate of soda on a saucer and leave it on the kitchen side or on a shelf.

(Try watching 'How clean is your House' for tips - makes you want to vomit sometimes though the state of some peoples homes) [+o(][:-))]

EDIT: you can buy bicarbonate from the pharmacy or in the supermarket (comes in a box and is near the salt).

Thank you all for you replies - I will try them all tonight when making my Spanish Omelettes (or Fritiatas as MOH says!!) Will report results!!

As for Aggie & Kim - I try not to watch them as the homes(if you can call them that) featured make me feel sick but I find I can't help myself!!