Lave Linge

Chezstevens

Good morning folks,

Our trusty washing machine is giving up the ghost after some 7 yrs.  Grateful for advice on purchase of new one:

1.  Any good internet sites?  If they go wrong within warranty does the repair take place onsite?

2.  A look at MoinsCher suggests the standard warranty is one year - in the UK they are now up to 5 years.  Anybody suggestions on washing machines in France with extended manufacturers warranty as standard?

3.  We live near Chef-Boutonne in Dept 79.  Any good white goods shops you are aware of?  Again if they go wrong, are they repaired onsite or have to be returned to outlet?

4.  SWMBO reckons on her standard approach which is buy a reasonably cheap one and who cares if it breaks 2 years down the road (the last cheap one, an Indesit, lasted 7years)

5.  SWMBO list of desirable points includes 1400 rpm minimum, down to +30 C and a minimum 7 kg.  Anybody recommend a model they have?

I have used the search option to no avail.

Thanks in advance

Vern

There are 5 branches of Conforama in 79    They have 5 pages of washing machines on their web site  from 199.99E to 1355,99E...Depending where you are in 79  if ..La Roche sur Yon in 85 is close to you ....they have a huge selection and the sale is on now .... 

Our Indesit is now five years old -no breakdowns.I have been told that the slower the spin speed the better-puts much less strain on the bearings.(Forces will go up as the square of the speed-I think).

I have a brand new LG Direct Drive WD14401TD  7kg AAA machine and I can thoroughly recommend it. Pricey but we buy wholesale so saved nearly 300€ off retail price. Its a little larger than the previous machine so check your measurements carefully if going under a worktop but it has a very heavy stainless steel door and many options for spin speed, temperature and cycles etc.

[quote user="Chezstevens"]

Val2,

Many thanks I have just purchased the same for 481 euros thru Maniaprice.  Delivery included.[/quote]

Hope you don't have to wait as long for your washing machine as some people on here have waited for their purchases with mania price.

Fingers crossed.

Sue

Hope you realise it wasn't my intention to worry you re mania price; I just feel it is worth knowing about possible pitfalls before they happen. There is some useful info on Le Guide if problems are encountered with any organisation/business re who to contact for advice etc.

Hope your purchase goes forward with no probs at all.

Sue

I buy all electrical appliances from my local dealer Gitem. Occasionally it is a little more dear, but the SAV is superb, if there is a break down the repair man will come out the same day, rather than 72 hours later. If it is a washing machine that breaks down he will also give me a replacement if mine needs to go to the workshop for repair. They also deliver and install you want, free of charge. Unlike

BUT, Conforama, Carrefour

who don't know the meaning of SAV IMHO.