Tesco ships to France (official)

Quillan

I like to compare prices in France and the UK so I registered with Tesco using one of my houses in the UK and I get a newslette every month. This months has some good news, Tesco now ships clothing to France. This is not using an intermediate company but actually Tesco's. If your interested a link to their prices for shipping is provided below.

http://www.clothingattesco.com/international/page/international/

You can also get to this by entering the clothing section via their main website www.tesco.com

Tesco do not accept credit cards with a French address (unless things have changed).  Recently, I went through the palava of an order and then, at the last hurdle of the check out procedure, their credit card section would only accept a UK postcode.  I emailed them about it but had no response.  Very frustrating.

I posted about this on another thread, perhaps it was another forum? Anyway I have recently placed an order and it is on its way, £6.95 delivery, its a couple of quid less to Germany or Poland, I had to replace my entire wardrobe this year and the best clothes rapport qualité/prix were without doubt from Tesco, the on line site allows you to buy the end of line stuff at large reductions, there are also customer ratings for the stuff which helps to avoid the tat.

Anyway it appeared to me that they had done their utmost to avoid card address/delivery address complications although that said my card is a UK one.

[quote user="Alan Zoff"]Move to France and want to buy food from Tesco. Doesn't seem right, somehow. Or, at least, would have not have done a few years ago.[/quote]

The wonderful thing about immigrants coming to a country is the culture and food they bring with them. Just look at the UK, curry, Chinese take aways, Greek, Italian, French etc, etc. These immigrants bring their food and cooking with them.

We are sort of doing this in France. When I had my French friends round for a BBQ I introduced them the that great British institution, HP brown sauce (made in Holland these days [:@] ). I would say over half of them now keep a bottle in their cupboard. I openly admit that there are a couple of things I buy when I go to Spain. British smoked back bacon, Heinz tomato soup and baked beans. I also import Bisto, Oxo cubes, tea (coz it's cheaper in the UK) and Rowntrees Fruit Pastels because I love them. Why do I do it, because I love all these items and yes I can do without but I can afford it and why shouldn't I have them? By the way my French friends also love baked beans.

I shall be placing an order with Tesco's for some underpants, the ones I buy in France are twice the price and the stitching comes undone round the crutch, a problem I never had with the ones I bought in the UK. Perhaps French men are smaller, I don't know, but it's costing me a fortune buying them over here.

[quote user="Quillan"]The wonderful thing about immigrants coming to a country is the culture and food they bring with them. Just look at the UK, curry, Chinese take aways, Greek, Italian, French etc, etc. These immigrants bring their food and cooking with them.[/quote]

This made me smile, in view of the article I read yesterday: Italian town bans any new kebab shops or other 'ethnic food'

What you don't realise, AZ, is that I am a Tesco addict!

Indeed if there were a Tesco near me, life would truly be paradise.

What I like about Tesco food is the variety and the freshness and it's all there and no traipsing from shop to shop, trying to find what you want.

Things like shitake mushrooms and pumpernickel bread are just there in Tesco but I wouldn't have a clue where to go to get those near where I live now.

Also, and I think I have made this point before:  if I wanted to cook Indian or Italian or Chinese or Spanish, I could get hold of all of the ingredients on one hit, no faffing about researching only to give up and change the menu!

I don't think anyone can accuse me of not eating local produce.  After all, I've only been back to the UK on one very short visit in the last nearly 5 years I have lived in France.  So, not your typical ex-pat who has to go home for "holidays" or Christmas or to see the grandchildren or anything else.

We're backwards and forwards to Normandie a lot as we're lucky enough to get enough leave (and live close to the ferry!) and always take over food we know is cheaper in the UK and bring back things we like from France - bizarely, a disinfectant we like the smell from LeClerc, Sprits biscuits for our colleagues in both our offices (and some little apero biscuits that LeClerc sell at about 70 cents a pot which are always popular).  Wine, of course, aoli, echalotte dressing ............our cupboards at both homes are a real mixture!!