Number Limited Special Offers

John Brown

How does it work with special offers where the store advertises in their own promo news leaflet that they have an allocation of say 100 Chainsaws at 100 euros each between its 15 stores nationwide.

If I go into the shop, as it opens, on the first day of the offer and there's none available what are my rights.( If any )

I see this happening time and time again with our local Carrefour but I've never gone in as the store opens. So I put it down to the "Early Worm etc "

I often see people at the service desk clutching their copy of the flyers so I guess theres something that can be done

Thanks Clair,

Sorry, I didn't spot your advice in the middle of that thread

I got to the store as it opened this morning, promo starts today, and was told the chainsaw was not in stock, might arrive tomorrow or sometime in the future!

A real case of  "I can't be bothered" from the store assistant

I'll go back armed with your advice and rattle a few cages

Thanks

[quote user="John Brown"]A real case of  "I can't be bothered" from the store assistant

I'll go back armed with your advice and rattle a few cages.[/quote]

Regarding special promos I have, variously, asked if what I wanted could be sent from another store when our local store sold out - that worked, but that was at Lidl. 

And secondly I have asked if the product could be put aside for me when it did arrive - same as you, I turned up on the right day but the product hadn't made it that day. That worked too, but that was our local Super U.

Both times I approached the Accueil - or the most senior person on the floor - for help.

Worth a go.

Sue

Thanks Sue,

I've spoken to the store manager on the telephone and he says they will arrive in-store on Saturday.

He's promised to put one aside for me and phone me to confirm its there, waiting to be collected.

Lets hope that works!

Good result if it does.

Cheers