Lucozade

Suninfrance

Can one not put dollops of sugar into some water, colour it with a lurid yellow pigment, put it through a soda syphone for the fizz and not bother hunting it out?[I]

Don't be offended, just a sort of playful thought...............

There was surge in sales in the seventies when transatlantic visitors travelling by road to London saw the famous sign by the Hammersmith flyover, which then read "Lucozade - AIDS RECOVERY"

As the claim could not be substantiated, it was changed to "Lucozade - REPLACES LOST ENERGY", and survived until the building on which it appeared was demolished in 2004.

After a successful campaign to have it replaced, a replica was put up in 2010. The original is in the Gunnersbury Museum.

I've never seen it in France, so being able to buy it everywhere doesn't make sense.  Can you buy it in the supermarkets and if so, where would it be because it's not with the fizzy drinks or the cordials and syrops.  The only other place I can think of is Go Sport or Decathlon but having looked at their websites, am not seeing it.  

I was just asking if it was available in France as I have a friend in hospital with cancer who is currently craving lucozade and if it hits the spot for them, then I would like to try and get some asap.

Jan

xxx

I too have never seen it here.

My first port of call would be the Lucozade website. It's just possible that they might have a list of outlets in France so I would take it from there. Failing that, a quick message to them might help your search.

Good luck and best wishes to your friend.

Les.

• 3 months later...
Best way is to order on Amazon.co.uk and request delivery to France. The third party sellers charge a huge delivery fee, so it isn't worth it. However, if you look on their site, some Lucozade products are sold by Amazon themselves and the delivery cost is small. I have just ordered 12*500ml Lucozade original for £28 delivered to SW France.

Hi all, there is a company called Anglo-French Transport that is starting to deliver uk food products to the brittany region. They deliver on a fortnightly or monthly basis and can get things from all the uk supermarkets Asda, Tesco etc who knows they may be cheaper than some of the other websites!!!

Don't think they have a website as of yet but give them a call or an email on 07435081517 or [email protected]

Don't know who's in the Brittany region, hope this helps!