Where to buy lavender oil

virginia.c

Can anyone help here? I have been looking for lavender oil, very commonly found in Provence of course, but so far in the Dordogne I can only find tiny bottles. I use it as a room and fabric/drawer freshener but you do need the intense fragrance of the pure oil to really last. I've looked in vain in Perigueux, Thiviers, Excideuil - any ideas?

Many thanks

You could look in my barn I have half a litre.

The French lavender is apparently the best in the world and not cheap, I got mine from a guy in UK I used to do business with who sold fragrances and other strange stuff used in making various cosmetics etc.

I used to use so much the wifelet banned it! It is also good on your pillow as it relaxes you...

PM me and I will give you his details it's gotta be a lot better buying wholesale than retail.

PS I also have some x10,000,0000 strength garlic essence - when I asked to smell some he told me it was not a good idea and that his wife complained when he went home if he even opened and poured some at work. So we went outside and I took the top of the container and sniffed and WOW!!! it burned my sinuses and my eyes nearly shot out of my head. Not only did people complain about my smell for weeks I had the smell of garlic in my head for a month!

thanks Clair, I have tried the health food shops and they only do the tiny bottles. Im going back about 15 years to the last time I bought a few larger bottles in Provence, it was just pure lavender oil which you could put a few drops on cotton wool/dried lavender etc and which gave out the most heavenly smell for days after. Dr Hauschka do an oil for body use but it is a bit extravagantly priced to throw around the house!

We use the 'Sleep tight' linen spray here http://www.likisma.info/ukcat.pdf (p16) oonly needs a couple of squirts and it works brilliantly.  We've given (or been asked to get) so many bottles of the stuff now (after guests have smelt and loved it) that I have lost track!  (Btw I don't work for, or have any connection with, Likisma other than as a customer).  I don't think the spray is pure lavender as lavender on its own is quite a harsh fragrance - this smells softer than that.  Not sure if it contains Clary Sage, Bergamot or maybe Patchouli oils as well (they all have a similar relaxing effect).