Charity shops... Are there any?

Hello

I'm due to have my first baby (a little girl) in about 4 months and am starting to look at making a few purchases...  We've been to the bigger shops and a lot of the stuff is really expensive and I was wondering if there were any charity shops that I could start looking in as well...

We're in the northern Dordogne so have relatively easy access to Angouleme, Perigueux and Limoges if that helps!  Admittedly, we haven't tried the bigger towns yet, I just thought I'd ask before potentially wasting petrol!!

Thanks in advance, Emx

believe in saint yrieix la perche in street near to china shop in one parallel to av.  victo hugo.do not know street name but a one way steet parallel also to main road to chalus. shop next door to beautician /perfume shop.you can tell it is a male giving directions.

I've never seen a charity shop in France (though I'm not in your region). But second hand clothes are sold in shops called 'depot vente' - usually lots of baby clothes. Also, your local town may organise a 'bourse de vetements' ie second-hand clothes sale once or twice a year. A couple of other suggestions - the classified ads in your local paper; ours has loads of stuff being sold by individuals, including children's clothes. Also, I bet Ebay is absolutely loaded with baby clothes. In the UK I dressed all my babies from NCT sales. Some of the clothes I got second-hand lasted through three babies, and were still usable at the end of it!

Best of luck

Jo

Look for the Croix Rouge, Secours Populaire and Secours Catholique in the phone book. All normally have 'jumble sales' (all on hangers etc) at very low prices. Normaly twice a month or so in the the latter cases, The Red Crosstends to be a bit hit and miss, could be every week or every six months......

Hi and congratulations

My youngest daughter is 2 now but I have bags of stuff here starting at about 6/8 months as I just dont know what to do with it We are a bit further away than Limoges but maybe could arrange something I your interested.

Congratulations and all good wishes for the arrival of your baby daughter.

Do take a look any of the local Brocantes / Vide Greniers that seem to take place in towns and villages during the Summer months. There are often some excellent bargains to be had. Equipment for babies and clothes.

Gill