Calling all expat Motor Sport enthusiasts

pigiron

After spending the last two years traveing France whilst competing in the Championat de France de la Montagne I have met a surprising number of fellow expat petrol heads who have expressed an interest in getting involved in French motor sport. It has occoured to me that there could be enough of us to form some sort of motor club or just an informal group of like minded people with a view to sharing information and even the occasional get together or track day etc??

If you are intersted in competing, marshaling or are simply curious then get in touch.

Sportivement

John LLOYD ............ Cote d'Armor 22

02 96 29 92 06

John

We moved to France in the summer and live in dept 79.  My husband is a race engineer.  The team he works for is based in the UK but for the past two years have participated in the French endurnce series of VdeV.  This has taken them to many of he great circuits in France.  This year they maybe returning to compete in the UK so hubby is there alot of the time.  France is fantastic for motorspor of all kinds.  My kids love the fact we have a handful of kart circuits within a 30 mile radius.  Gets a bit hectic in the season, but its so ecconomical compared with the UK and so laid back.  As with all motorsport here.  Its not unusal to be at a track day, have a spot of lunch (three courses) and half a bottle of wine, then return to the track in the afternoon and nobody seems to mind.  Just like being at Brands, me thinks not.

Good luck with whatever you hope to acheive.

Dotty

• 7 months later...

Pigiron.  Sorry I have only just read this one.  Try Club Arnarge, a UK site but with quite a few France-based members.  We are actually in the early stages of talking about a meet with fellow CAers in the Channel Islands some time soon.

Dick Smith : DTMs will be at the Circuit de la Sarthe (bugatti) in October and there is a World Series by Renault race coming up soon.  If you're ever around the great circuit, let us know.

Hello - I've just seen this thread . . . would you like to know that the 'Circuit de Bresse' exists only 10 kms from us here? It caters for cars and motorcycles and there is soon to be a karting track too. We're in the Bresse region, South East Burgundy (Dept 71 - just!). We are also car fans, although our 35 year old Triumph Herald will probably not stand anything other than racing to the supermarket to pick up cat food! However, we do try to attract classic cars old and new, to our maison, as we love them!

If you'd like to, view http://www.pictureburgundy.com/theregion.html .

Cheers. Colin.

• 2 weeks later...