Coach tour of Normandy...in english.. interested?

Norman

I would appriciate your views on the viability of offering a short break holiday to the british community living in the normandy region.

I am an international coach driver working for a french company based in normandy, and have done so for many years, but I have never had any british people on my coach.

Is it because this type of holiday just does`nt appeal to you, you prefer maybe to keep independant? or is it the thought of it all being in french and you won`t understand what the ekk`s going on?

It is the language barrier question that got me thinking that perhaps there are people out there who would enjoy this type of holiday if only it was in english!

This post is simply to try and find out if such a holiday was available would you be interested?

This is the sort of ideas I have discussed with my boss:

An all inclusive 3 day/2 nights short break coach tour of the normandie region.

Hotel and all meals and visits included.

Possible visits: Caen memorial..... normandy beaches.....Bayeux tapestry.....farm visit, tasting of local produce.....Le mont st michel.....Granville...Honfleur....St mere eglise....

with of course a british driver...... speaking english!

All thoughts and ideas welcome.

Norman.

Hi Norman

I think that may well appeal to quite a few Brits living in France.  I know of many who still have language problems after living here for some time.  From my own point of view, I would much rather go with a group of French people if I were to go - however, nothing, absolutely NOTHING could entice me to go on a coach tour holiday - the three words just do not fit together in my opinion - I cannot think of a worse way of spending my time or my money.  Sorry!  Just one opinion, but I hate coach tours - I'm sure they suit some people's needs, but certainly not mine.

BTW  the itinerary, for those who would go on a coach tour, sounds pretty good.

[quote user="Norman"]   This is the sort of ideas I have discussed with my boss:

An all inclusive 3 day/2 nights short break coach tour of the normandie region.
Hotel and all meals and visits included.
Possible visits: Caen memorial..... normandy beaches.....Bayeux tapestry.....farm visit, tasting of local produce.....Le mont st michel.....Granville...Honfleur....St mere eglise....

with of course a british driver...... speaking english!       All thoughts and ideas welcome.     Norman.   [/quote]

I think that's a little short on time for the amount to see...

I once took 3 elderly ladies (65ish) on a tour of Normandy as you describe and did it in a week... but then it was my Gran with 2 of her friends so by the time they had finished yapping! and bought every nicknack possible in all the shops at each of these stops!... time went on....  I shouldn't complain the trip was all financed by these dears. All I had to do was drive from A to B, check-in and check out at hotels and smile !!

Yeah! I wouldn't mind being the guide/accompagnateur,  to leave you time to concentrate on the road !!

Yes I agree coach tours are not everyones cup of coco, our customers are nearly all troisième âge who benefit from everything being well organised and they don`t have to worry about anything..... apart from where the toilets are and when is it time to eat?!!

They don`t drive, mostly, and they get to natter to everyone and make friends..... for a lot it`s a social thing rather than what they might visit..... I thought it may appeal to retired british folk who may also be missing a bit of good social company, a chance to do something different and not have to worry about the language problem of booking hotels and restaurants etc.

MYB..... I know coach tours can be a bit rapid but even I`d have a job fitting all that into 3 days..... they are just possibilities of things to do......la accompagnatrice is always welcome in my coach ;)

but the pretty ones don`t always help the concentration

Norman.

If you post your idea on AngloInfo Normandy and Brittany, you may get a different (or larger) response. You may like to add the fish and chip van at Mortain on Saturday evenings to your itinerary too.

The post (discussion) might get deleted, of course. But you could try.

Norman ...............

Quite seriously, I don't think it's such a bad idea at all, but surely your market isn't those already in situ?

Perhaps you should be talking to local newspapers on the English south coast about your idea: the clients 'overnight' on the ferry, pick up from Le Havre / Ouistreham or wherever, then your itinerary, etc, etc. Local papers often do promotions for that kind of trip - you have the 'edge'; real local knowledge.

Also, there's the new Ryanair flight in to Deauville next year: maybe some of the Essex / Herts brigade would go for it.

It's a good idea: just needs marketing to the right people.