Bridlepaths or equivalent

Not all the blue maps are 2006 and often it is only major road changes that have been updated.  I have a feeling that chemins are probably well at the back of the update lists.  The Mairie's maps have the advantage that they are often well used paths which are shown and are easier to find.  They also can have some circular routes to recommend which can be useful to riders.  Certainly our little commune has some really superb routes.  What a contrast to riding in rural Kent!

Re blue maps: a nearby lake created in 1990 only appeared on our local map in the last couple in years! However, I find the paths are likely to be the same unless there's been a drastic road building program.

The Tourist Office is also worth visiting for routes and if the OP's request is specific to horse-riding, why not enquire at the local horse-riding schools?[:)]

I took in a copy of another communes publication of the local VTT routes to my local maire and asked about 'sentiers' but she said they didnt do one.  Went into the local tourist office and the girl was very helpful but said the A28 new road had cut through the majority of the existing routes so even if I bought the blue maps they wouldnt be up to date.  The local riding school which I have used several times is so stretched for staff you have to wait for one lesson to finish to speak to 'the person' and before the next lesson starts! The other young french trainer there does a runner every time she sees me coming as her boss has told her she must learn to speak English (and there is me, more than happy to give a good onslaught onto the French language).