fishing

• 1 month later...
Hi Terry

I've been watching this post for a couple of weeks and was sorry to see your lack of fishing-buddy finding success.  After reading Charles Ritz's accounts of Normandy chalk streams I am envious of your opportunities and would join you if I were closer! (I live in the Southern Tarn 81)

I have a shortish stretch of river with plenty of wild brownies alongside my garden (though am trying to sell up!) - but it is typical mountain stream water with smallish fish rather than sweeping chalk streams with fat old lunkers!

Best of luck and tight lines,

Ian

Hi Terry,

Our 18 year old son would be delighted to learn fly-fishing.  He is already a keen angler, but I suspect you are too far away from us down in St. Gauberge /Echauffour area.   As he is making the final move with us next year to a new life in France, finding him fishing opportunities is of major importance (of course!).

Actually Grandad lives in Hamphire and fly-fishes on the Test - one of the best rivers so we are told.

Hi,

We have a site that has loads of info for flyfishing throughout france, particularly the Limousin. There are links to many interesting sites which could help you.

Tight Lines,

Tony

Post edited by the moderators to conform with the non-advertising rule of the Code of Conduct.

Contact the poster by PM or emails for details.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replys, have not been able to get back sooner as we lost the internet for sometime due to the weather. The water is brown here in normandy at the moment with lots of run off water, so much good for the old fly fishing, I am going to have a go in norway later this year and have a few spots marked out,

If anyone would like to meet up next year, which with luck will be better then please get in contact, thanks michael