Betting on the Grand National

Thanks for that Cooperlola. I was just concerned about the legality of betting online in France.  I may be too late this year to set up an account with totesport but will check!

Declare winnings on the tax return? [:)]  Will remember to do that, though, like you, we are talking about the chance of winning squids! 

Thanks again

[quote user="Lotmontel"]

.  I may be too late this year to set up an account with totesport but will check!

[/quote]

I've just opened an account with Betfair (have to deposit money through Paypal if you're outside the UK) and placed a bet straightaway.

Ty for that KathyC.  I actually discovered, when I tried to open an account, that I had set up a totesport account in 2007 for that year's Grand National and had forgotten all about it!  All I had to do was update my card details etc.

Cooperlola, I'm glad I didn't post before the race! 

I also went for Kilbeggan Blade (PU at fence 21)!  I also went for Rambling Minster (PU at fence 19 - now what's that about? The horse was said to have the greatest stamina of the field.  I blame it on the worried mother of the jockey, having seen the interview with the family before the race!!).  My children's choices performed dismally and my husband's choice came in at fourth (but he had insisted he wanted to bet to win!!!).

So all in all, I have failed to get a hat-trick at picking winners!  However, for the bets (all in) coming to £16, my family still had a great afternoon!  Roll on next year!  Maybe I can encourage my children to go for outsiders next time! [:D]

My hubby has been going on about Mon Mome for months. He backed it a few pence each way over the past couple of months at 33/1, 50/1, 66/1 and then on Saturday he did £1 each way at a 100/1 and all in all won £206. So yippee for mon mome. Well it paid for a new exhaust anyway. Always the way eh?

Suey