Pétanque rules, OK!

mint

Wools, I wish you wouldn't tie me in knots!

I don't mean the last boule as in the final boule and there aren't any boules left.  I mean the last boule as in the one that's just been thrown but there are other people with boules left.

At least I think that's what I meant?[8-)]

Never played boules sober so its all greek to me; I've read Rule 29 3 times and still none the wiser.

Seems completely illogical but the rules were written by a **** so not surprising.[:)]

Article 29 – Boules Equidistant from the Jack
If the two boules closest to the jack belong to opposing teams and are equidistant from it, the following 3 cases can apply:

(a) If neither team have boules to play the end is declared void and the jack is thrown by the team winning the previous end.

(b) If only one team has boules left to play, it plays them and scores as many points as it has boules closer to the jack than the nearest opponent’s boule.

(c) If both teams have boules to play, the team which played the last boule plays again, then the other team, and so on alternately until the point has been won by one of them.  When only one team has boules left, they play them as described in the above paragraph.

If, after completion of the end, no boules remain within the boundary of the playing area, the end is void.