Tour de France Roadbook

If any of you are planning to follow the T de F either just on tele or go see a stage then you may be interested in the official Roadbook. It gives loads of detail of all the stages, maps, elevation, team hotels, times along the route etc.  The French version has just become available (English version may follow).

I'm thinking of cycling out to one of the climbs on Stage 6, 7th July and apart from the detailed route map (useful if planning to avoid road closures) there are the estimated arrival times all along the route...  anyway, some of you may be interested.

http://velorooms.com/roadbooks/2016/Tour_de_France_2016_Livre_de_Route.pdf

JUST A WORD OF WARNING.... I think the above site is getting overloaded with people trying to download so you may have to choose your moment.

You're very welcome Norman. As you can see, the Roadbook is one of the documents that form part of the material the teams work with. It's a lot more useful than the usual "public consumption" and commercial material that is published in advance of Le Tour and probably not known outside of keen cycling fans.

Perhaps less generally useful but maybe interesting to some might be the Multilingual Rules and Regs.

Most interesting - it's going through all our very close neighbouring villages, on a route I know well as I drive the mountain bit almost every month to get to meeting on the other side of the montagne ...but I am otherwise engaged at a long-awaited appointment with my opthalmologist,  at exactly the same time as they pass through.  No matter, it passed through our town a few years ago, and also through some other neigbouring villages soon after we arrived here ...and we saw it both other times, so missing it this year is not so serious.  It will return!