Tour de France

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not a tourist tour but a team race, not simple. Th mountain stages are what make it great.

After the best part of three ways they separate the men from the boys in the mountain though Bernal is the exception.

Listen to the English commentary to appreciate just what a complex beast the peleton is.

nothing like the Tour de France.

There are plenty of flat races such as the Dunkerque 5 Day.

I think he's already said it: he'll be riding for Bernal tomorrow unless the wheels fall off. Literally or metaphorically. He's going to be the same super-domestique that Froome became for him last year. Shame in some ways it's ending like this, and shame Ineos are depleted. Rumour had it that Brailsford had been working towards an Ineos 1/2/3 podium this year. Interesting times ahead too if Froome is fit in 2020.

Judging by the weather in the area, it is perhaps unlikely that the stage can be finished. There is a mud slide at the finish already but being dealt with and heavy, nasty looking loaded clouds further down the slope of the Val Thorens. Not sure about the flat bit.

Could it be that there will be a flat out sprint before Thorens in the belief that the result will have to be taken before thenbig climb?

I can't get French TV ..even in France. I watch bits of it on French TV if I'm at friend's houses.

Aoart from the possible snob value of saying one watches on French TV, most of the actual visual coverage is identical, as the camera feed is syndicated. It's only the commentary that's different. I happen to enjoy the knowledgeable and largely unbiased team put together by ITV, though missed Chris Boardman this year.

[quote user="NormanH"]Am I the only person to watch the Tour de France on French TV??

[/quote]

No, I watch it on France 2 and France 3 and the highlights on ITV 4 later in the day!  The trouble with watching it on UK TV is that it is not en direct and it shows bits that have already been shown on the French channels.