The Easter Bunny

Iceni

John and our neighbour noted a large rabbit in the lane and our neighbour said that he came into his garden. Well the bunnies came into our field last year with no problems - NOT THIS YEAR, the 'wabbit' is trying to dig to Australia between the rows of onions but where I had planted rocket. The seedlings are ruined and he keeps coming back. We have a field with millions of pis-en-lit - why does he want to dig in my raised beds I wonder - if he is looking for a home I can suggest one - and it involves a mound completely covering his unmoving body.

The expensive option is to fence off the large raised bed which the 'lads' are doing now but this is only a small part of the veggie garden. At this rate it will be cheaper to fly the stuff in from Fornum and Mason. Yes I know that it is good for me and the food tastes better but the havoc (and cost) one rabbit causes.

The chicken house arrives this week - I have worked out that we break even in 2090 if the thing never needs repairing and if the chickens replicate themselves and don't eat. Still I am grateful, I know of allotment holders in the UK who are vandalised year in year out and keep at it because if they stop the land will be reclaimed by the council and concreted over.

'Wabbit' pie anyone?

Di

http://www.iceni-it.co.uk

Hi Di,

Glad to see I am not the only one plagues by these pesks... think I have the whole of watership down living with me. They are even getting bold enough not to completely scarper when I come out! Have lost countless veggies and plants to them, but I can say that they do not like courgettes, hence I normally have a glut of them!!

If you ever find a really good solution to the problem, that does not involve a hunting permit, I'd love to hear of any.

SJ