How far can you tilt a ride-on mower before it topples over?

Cassis

Is this  serious question Cassis? Our first house was on land with a slope of about 40 degrees and in places sharper than this. We were looking for a ride on mower at first and considered a very low slung affair which hugged the ground,  ( called something like a lapin?) but it was very expensive. A normal ride - on would have gone over. So we next looked at small tractors and tried about 3. The vendors actually brought them out to our land for a free trial.Two of them were just too risky and eventually we got a Jinma with a grass cutter. This worked quite well but husband went over once on an unexpected 50 degree slope- luckily the antiroll bar stopped him being crushed.We were advised that you can get double back wheels fitted to make the vehicle more stable. But then we moved house instead! Pat.

Serious question.  There's often a serious point to my posts if you dig deep enough (though I can't blame anyone for not bothering).

I've got a man with a digger booked to do some terrassement work at the end of the summer: to dig out a metre and a half of (dry) silt from the lake bottom and to make a slope down to the water surface, rather than the vertical drop on three of its sides as at present.  I need to give him instructions as to the slope incline.  No rush to know, but I would like to get it right (as it has taken us two years to drain and dry out the silt bound son-of-a-b).

I want to be able to mow down to the water edge with a normal sit-on mower, but as the water level is lower than the general topography I want to know the degree of slope.  I guess I can just buy the mower and try tipping it over if nobody knows.

I have a Viking Cyclon ride-on - and the instruction manual says no more than a 10 degree slope. But the diagram does show the driver moving along the slope horizontally. I have a garden on two levels and a slope betwen the two that is definately more than 10 degrees - I cut this section by going at it vertically and have not had a problem (well except once, the first time [:$] and yes they do rollover very easily).  

Pierre, how big is the grass box? It does not look like it could have a big one ... or are looks deceiving?

I dont have a problem with the leaning over on a slope - but the engine cuts out if I am not planted firmly on the seat. I need to fiddle with the contact.